Expand to view
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Wildlander?
- How do I donate to the project?
- Do I need to uninstall Ultimate Skyrim?
- What version of Skyrim Special Edition is needed?
- Do I need to buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Upgrade DLC?
- Are all Anniversary Edition Creations disabled in Wildlander?
- Can I add the Creation Club content / Anniversary Edition DLC to my Wildlander install on my own?
- I already have Skyrim: Legendary Edition, why do I need to buy Special Edition?
- When is Ultimate Skyrim returning?
- How long does it take to download Wildlander without Nexus Premium?
- Can I see the mod lists?
- Can I see the differences between Ultimate Skyrim and Wildlander?
- I already have other modlists installed, Can i still play wildlander?
- Why Steam? I have Skyrim from another source and it wont let me install.
- Can I play Wildlander with Skyrim Together
- Can I play Wildlander on the steam deck?.
- Does this mod pack support other languages?
- How do I update to the current version?
- Do I have to update?
- How do I uninstall?
- Can I remove the downloads’ folder?
- When is the next update and what will it contain?
- How Long will it take me to do a complete play-though?
- Wabbajack Installation Questions
- Why is the list showing “in maintenance on Wabbajack”
- What does it mean?
- How long does maintenance last?
- Can I download the list anyway?
- Can I download the other mods in the list?
- My install was in progress, Can’t someone just give me the missing file(s)?
- Can’t I just manually install / Is there a “Manual Installation” guide?
- Can I edit the Wabbajack file so it installs anyway?
- Wabbajack browser not loading anything on the login to Nexus Page.
- Wabbajack Finds no results.
- Wabbajack fails to start with a “Unknown Error”.
- Wabbajack fails to start “You Cannot run as a Admin”.
- Do I have to install both game and downloads to same drive
- How much drive space do I need
- How many mods do I need to Download?
- Do I need to download everything if I plan on playing potato
- Can I just download the Graphics only
- Wabbajack fails to find Skyrimse.exe.
- Wabbajack fails to download mods or hangs for a long time.
- Getting a download failed on Original Skyrim files
- Wabbajack wont download the Wildlander installer.
- Why is the list showing “in maintenance on Wabbajack”
- Launcher Questions
- Wildlander and Antiviruses
- McAfee Antivirus.
- What do the Dropdowns mean
- Trampoline Error
- Error launching game Error: Unsupported type of line:  Error OR Any message starting “TypeError:”
- Getting SHGetFolderPath 00000005 failed / Assertion failed in IDebugLog.cpp
- Get-cimInstance Error on launch of game
- Assertion failed in Drivers\Render.CPP
- Game doesn’t boot when launching SKSE / Cannot Start SKSE_Loader Error
- Launcher locks for Skyrimse.exe and immediately unlocks (game doesn’t start)
- Update/Install of launcher is Hanging
- Customization Questions
- Gameplay Questions
- Can I see a list of Known issues
- How can I see the keybindings?
- My keybindings don’t work
- My Haircut token doesn’t allow me to change race/gender Why?
- Why are guards following me?
- What are these toolkit things?
- What are these weird named Misc Items / Weapon heads / Imbued things?
- How do I do a customized start (vampire, werewolf, no perks)
- Why do I hear random “drink” sounds?
- Some sounds aren’t playing! How do I fix this?
- Why can’t I learn the first crafting perk?
- Why can’t I run? / Why is my stamina going down for no reason?
- Why can’t I get a blessing at a shrine?
- Why am I not healing?
- Lights are flickering on and off?
- Why is everything so expensive in shops?
- My character’s animations are stuck!
- If you get stuck using a crafting table - this is generally caused by the 1st person camera mod (Improved Camera) and the only fix is to reload the game.
- Why can’t Smelt ingots?
- Why can’t I Fast Travel?
- My game freezes during loading screens.
- I’m a mage, why am I glowing in the dark?
- Why am I invisible in first person when using blur, but “ghostly” in 3rd?
- My Face changed color.
- Does Stuff Respawn?
- Why does it rain for days on end?
- Does the Skyrim difficulty settings do anything?
- How do I change the difficulty?
- Help! I’m being attacked by Anorath and Uthgerd the Unbroken in Whiterun for no reason!
- Do I need to Equip hunting knives to process animals.
- I contracted Sanguinare Vampiris, and now I can’t sleep!
- Can I remove Block/Parry from left control?
- How do I put my shield on my back?
- Night eye is too dark!
- How Do I Enable Permadeath?
- Why are kill-moves disabled?
- NPC in town is randomly dead.
- Why Cant I run?
- Why Does a Bubble of shadow follow me
- How do I make my follower ride a horse?
- I’m trying to recruit a follower but S/he always says “I have someone with me”
- How do mercenary costs get calculated?
- Can I Respec My perks / Make skills legendary
- Questing Questions
- Can I Do the Vanilla Start?
- How do I start the main quest?
- Why can’t I obtain the Dragonstone?
- How do I become Thane of Whiterun?
- I can’t start the Thieves Guild through Brynjolf!?
- How do I start the Dragonborn quest line?
- How do I progress The Companions storyline?
- How do I start the Dawnguard quest line?
- Crafting Questions
Wildlander is the new name for “Ultimate Skyrim SE.” We chose to rebrand the project to separate it from the original Ultimate Skyrim list and reduce confusion.
The Wildlander mod list is completely rebuilt from the ground up, so some of the features you maybe used to are not available because they haven’t been converted to SE and/or it was too complex for us to do so. An example of this is the Atronach Crossing - Build Your Own Home mod. Additionally, some of the mods which ARE available for SE have major changes which would require rebalancing, such as Heljarchen Farm , or simply don’t work such as in the case of Dark Dungeons for ENB , Google’s Locked City Gates , and the full version of Enhanced Skyrim Factions: The Companions Guild .
This isn’t to say some of these features won’t return in some fashion in the next few builds, just that they didn’t make the deadline for compatibility for this one.
You can download and install from here
Not unless you’re short of hard drive space! Ultimate Skyrim uses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition (colloquially referred to as Oldrim), whereas Wildlander uses The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (colloqually referred to as SSE).
The Steam version of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - Update 1.6.640 (AKA the free Anniversary update) installed in English Here . You do not need Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Upgrade, which is a DLC made available at the same time.
If you have downgraded back to Special edition version 1.5.97, you will need to verify game files to reupdate to the latest version.
No. It is not required to play Wildlander.
We use an installation method called stock game, which copies the Skyrim files we need to the Wildlander directory. This method allows you to have Wildlander installed and a separate, untouched Steam installation of Skyrim.
If you already have the DLC, you can still install on your stream install, however it is ignored during the installation process and not copied over to our stock game folder and therefore will not be used or activated in Wildlander.
The only creation we use is Fishing, all others are not copied to wildlander’s stock game and are therefore not used.
It is unsupported and untested. Some of them are known to conflict and cause crashes and issues with other mods in the list.
We have deliberately disabled the creation club menu option to prevent people adding it accidentally.
If you want to add it yourself, then this would be customization and you would be responsible for patching it in yourself for requiem 5.0.3 compatibility.
Special Edition is a completely different version of game engine (64-bit instead of 32-bit). Wildlander requires the 64-bit game engine, as it uses mods which require the 64-bit version of SKSE. Therefore, Wildlander cannot be installed on Legendary Edition.
It won’t be returning to the Wabbajack gallery. The Wabbajack file, along with install instructions, are located here.
There have been reports of anywhere from 4 hours to 4 days, depending on how much attention you are paying to the Wabbajack downloader and the speeds you are getting from your ISP. Times may also differ based on whether you are downloading to an SSD or an HDD.
Yes - Click Here
Yes. Wildlander uses a mechanism called “stock game” this is in a nutshell a self contained copy of skyrim.
Provided you steam version of Skyrim is up to date, you can install Wildlander. If you happen to have a downgraded version of Skyrim and your own modpack, then you can update via steam, install, then use Halgari’s downgrade patcher to restore your skyrim to the correct version afterwards.
Once installed, you can even play Vanilla skyrim and wildlander will be unaffected.
Script extenders (such as SKSE) are currently not compatible with Gamepass versions of Bethesda games. Without these, it is not possible to run complex mods.
SKSE cannot support any potential Windows Store release of Skyrim. Windows Store applications are locked down similarly to consoles and do not allow the APIs necessary for script extenders to work.
Wildlander is built on Skyrim 1.5.97. It is not possible to downgrade a GOG DRM free version of skyrim to a Steam DRM 1.5.97
Firstly, The Wabbajack installation tool does not support it. Secondly - it has the same issues as GOG.
Wabbajack includes piracy protection which will only allow installations on a genuine Store Brought install.
- No, there is not a way to turn these off.
- No, we will not provide you manual installation instructions.
There are no acceptable reasons for you to be wanting to use a cracked/Emulated install. Cracking/Piracy is theft and we will not support any user running a cracked version.
Skyrim Together Reborn is unfortunately not compatible with Wildlander at this time. Lists Generally have to be built around Skyrim Together, not thrown on at the end.
- STR is incompatible with some SKSE mods, which are used by Wildlander.
- STR uses a different version of Skyrim than Wildlander (though this may change in the future)
- STR is incompatible with SSE Engine Fixes, which is a core component of any modlist.
If this incompatibility changes, the community will be the first to know.
This is not supported currently.
As it stands, Several people have managed to get wildlander running on the steamdeck, but they had to do a quite a few changes to the list to get it to function.
To the Support teams knowledge - this includes disabling several mods which are incompatible with Linux and cause the game to crash. We do not know what the game looks like, or how it performs, just that they got it running.
No instructions have been provided to support by any of the users who have got it to work, for how they got the list working - So we are unable to help on this topic.
No, by default You will need to install English Skyrim - Special Edition to Install this modpack.
Backup any changes you have made to the modpack since your original install, as these will be lost. If you want to keep any mods you’ve added to your personal install, rename those mods to start with `[NoDelete]` to force Wabbajack to skip those files.
Then follow the instructions here
The latest version will always be available here for clean installations
Some updates will require a new game and are not save compatible.
Finally - If you have added and “nodeleted” your additional mods, boot into mod organiser and rearrange your load order as needed.
No. All updates require you to manually run Wabbajack to download and install the latest mods for the new build.
We’re sorry to see you leave!
Uninstalling Wildlander is a simple matter of deleting the installation folder.
Uninstalling the launcher requires you to use Windows “Add / remove program” functionality.
Yes, but if you want to “Clean” repair/reinstall due to a bug (or to get back to Wildlander default Modlist), you will need to redownload all 500+ mods.
However, you can safely move your download folder to another hard drive.
The next update will contain
- Jobs & Missive expansion - to include new job types for crafting, collections and even some jobs for the not so nice people of skyrim.
- Lucian - from the patreon poll
- Religion - Based on Irondusk’s religion 3.0 mod
- QOL and Bugfixes.
This update does not yet have a release date, however we are aiming for Q3 2023. It will require a new game on release.
This question will update once sent to beta and/or have a firm release date.
This depends on you and the build you choose to play.
Some Players really struggle to get started, because they attempt content that they cannot complete before understanding the mechanics.
Some players get half-way though and realise they aren’t having fun with the character they are playing so get “restart-itis”
Some builds will really struggle in the endgame, so those builds will take a lot more time and effort to complete a game.
When a mod is updated, hidden or taken offline, any lists using that mod will automatically be put into maintenance mode to prevent users from downloading a incomplete install.
If Skyrim updates - this will also force the list into maintenance as it will need to be checked and recompiled using the new source files.
As long as necessary. No one can give you a ETA - It will take as long as it takes. Please don’t give our support staff a migraine asking for a update.
On discord, You can subscribe to the !notifyme bot command to be notified when it is released. On Reddit, Dylan will post a official post to say when it is available.
No - Forcing the list into Maintenance mode is a last resort.
It will either resolve itself when the mod causing the issue is unhidden, or for Skyrim updates - need Dylan’s intervention to resolve.
If you want to do it manually via the list manifest on the Wabbajack website, sure. Automatically, no.
No, Wildlander respects all mod author permissions. If a mod or file has been taken down, and has not allowed redistribution from another source, we will not provide you a link.
Asking for one anyway is a violation of rules. (Even if you ask staff in a private chat) Sharing a link “you found” or reuploading a file is strictly prohibited unless you can prove you have permission to do so.
Not any more - As Wabbajack is a more reliable install method which requires little user interactions and produces a consistent install every time - the manual installation guide was removed.
No. Wabbajack files are compiled and cannot be manually edited.
Please install WebView2 by using the installer from this link: Evergreen Standalone Installer
If you already have it - uninstall and reinstall
Typically caused by network management software “Killer control panel” which comes pre-installed with some laptops and PC’s. (It may also be called Killer Intelligence Center or it’s a K icon in your system tray)
To resolve, disable the Prioritization Center and Auto Bandwidth. Then restart Wabbajack.
Delete Wabbajack.exe, Redownload from Wabbajack .
Wabbajack cannot be run as an Admin.
If you are not manually running the game as an Admin, check your windows UAC settings and make sure that UAC is not “off” as this will run everything as an admin.
Reboot your PC after making this change.
If you have installed a custom version of windows and cannot turn on UAC (or you have and it doesnt work)
- Create a basic user account (Accounts -> Other users then add other user, click on Users, more actions and create new user.
- login to that account - start Skyrim to add the registry entries for that user.
- Log back into your primary account.
- Then Holding shift, right click the .exe which will give a “Run as different user” command, select your created basic user and if that user is not administrator it should work
No, you can have them on separate drives - just make sure you point your Download location to where you want the zip files to live.
you can even share download folders between multiple modlists.
Yes - Wabbajack wont install unless it has all mods, creating a list for potato users only is not easy to do and would require a completely separate Wabbajack Modlist.
No, again this would be a completely separate list which would need its own separate Wabbajack Modlist.
There are several causes of this:-
- You haven’t ran it. Fix: Close Wabbajack, Make sure you run skyrim directly to the menu.
- You don’t own a Steam/GOG version. Wabbajack does not support Gamepass, Xbox or Epic Game store versions.
- You have moved your skyrim folder from where it was originally installed and you didnt use the steam “move install” option to do it. Fix: Move it back to the original location and use the steam move tool to move the game to a different library on your computer. You can use https://github.com/LostDragonist/steam-library-setup-tool/wiki/Usage-Guide to create new steam libraries on your primary hard drive.
- You have a Cracked version of skyrim. Fix: Buy the game.
Check Task manager, if Wabbajack is not using any network resources, its likely the download has failed/timed out - then please use the suggestions below.
- Close and restart Wabbajack - Start the Wildlander install process again, entering same criteria as originally. Wabbajack will CRC check your existing files and should resume where it failed & complete the install without any further intervention.
- If that does not resolve the issue, try using a VPN service such as Cloudflare WARP or ProtonVPN. (Wildlander is not affiliated with and does not endorse any specific VPN service. We do not provide user support for VPN services. Use at your own discretion.)
If these files hang, manually download and add to your Wabbajack specified download folder (still zipped)
High Poly Head
This file is quite large - and on slower Internet connections’ may timeout.
In the event of this occurring for you you can try downloading Resources - Wildlander Full from nexus manually, and placing it in your downloads folder still zipped.
Nexus mods in general
you may need to use a VPN and/or different browsers to download these files. We are not sure why nexus is blocking access. Premium users can try this
Direct Download Links
Search the following link for the mod(s) and manually download.
If you get the following error - Make sure Steam is installed in English, validate your game files in Steam. Steam > Right Click > Properties > Language tab
- Unable to download Skyrim_Default.ini
Wildlander requires Anniversary edition update of skyrim SE (version 1.6.640 at time of writing), If you get any of the following - update your Skyrim. If you have used Halgari’s downgrade patcher - you will need to validate your game fields from Steam > Right Click > Properties > Local files tab.
If Skyrim has updated recently - then it might require the list to be recompiled to cope with these changes. Staff will typically put the list into maintenance if this is the case.
- Unable to download Skyrim.ccc
- Unable to download SkyrimSE.exe
- Unable to download Data_Dawnguard.esm
- Unable to download Data_Dragonborn.esm
- Unable to download Data_HearthFires.esm
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Animations.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Interface.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Misc.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Shaders.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim.esm
- Unable to download Data_Update.esm
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures3.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures5.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures7.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures8.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures2.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures4.bsa
- Unable to download Data_Skyrim - Textures0.bsa
This is typically caused by a mis-configured firewall between your PC and the Wabbajack build server.
If you are unable to download it though Wabbajack, then visit here and download the Install File Backup.
Once downloaded Navigate to the Wabbajack folder and find the downloaded_mod_lists folder. unzip the backup into this location.
Start Wabbajack - then select “install from disk” Point it at the Wabbajack file you just unzipped.
Several Anti-virus programs are known to cause issues with launching list, Some cause issues with Wabbajack itself, others with running the list once installed.
If you are experiencing problems running Wabbajack such as the exe being deleted or no progress during the installation phase, try adding your Wabbajack folder (where the executable is located) and your selected modlist installation location to exclusions in your anti-virus of choice. Find out how to via Here
If your 3rd party anti-virus has expired its license and you don’t plan on renewing it - UNINSTALL IT! Outdated, expired anti viruses account for 70% of the anti-virus support related issues we see.
If you’re using a 3rd party anti-virus (such as AVG, Avast, BitDefender, Webroot, Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee etc.) it’s likely that adding the folders to exclusions will not be enough and you may need to disable or uninstall your 3rd party AV during installation as they can incorrectly mark files like usvfs_proxy_x86.exe (required for MO2), The launcher or SKSE itself as a virus - OR even worse prevent/corrupt the wabbajack installation to cause it to crash on startup - even if wabbajack says installation is complete.
We recommend doing so anyway as Windows Defender is likely much better at stopping threats, according to data from av-test.org .
For Specific issues with individual Anti-virus software, Please see below.
It does not like Wabbajack’s Downgrading routine and can cause corruption, preventing the game to launch.
- Disable Bitdefender
- Delete game-files\Stock game
- Reinstall Wildlander from Wabbajack, choosing Overwrite installation and wait for install to complete.
- you should now be able to launch.
Recommendations: Disable Bitdefender during Wabbajack install. Apply the following fixes after install to prevent crash on save
- Easy solution - Turn off Advance Threat Defense when playing Wildlander
- proper Solutions - Add a ADT exception for Wildlander\game-files\Stock Game\SkyrimSE.exe
- If you also have “Ransom-ware Remediation” on Add Wildlander\game-files\ModOrganizer.exe
Webroot Anti-virus is completely incompatible with the Crash logging mod we use in the pack. It will cause a crash on Startup.
To play, you need to shut down the anti-virus completely from the system tray.
There are no options you can tick, and no exclusions you can apply to make this anti-virus play nice.
It is known to cause a corruption in the Skyrim downgrade during installation process from Wabbajack - even when the anti-virus has finished its subscription. If it’s still installed (even expired) it can and DOES cause issues.
- Disable McAfee (if its expired, just uninstall the thing)
- Delete game-files\Stock game
- Reinstall Wildlander from Wabbajack, choosing Overwrite installation and wait for install to complete.
- you should now be able to launch.
If using Norton, and it blocks the launcher for intrusive activity (During start up - while it’s checking for updates) you may want to configure these settings to exclude a URL or domain from monitoring URL:
https://github.com/Wildlander-mod/Launcher/releases. Please note - Support are not able to assist you in how to apply these settings - we don’t have Norton installed.
If you are still unable to run after performing these steps, then unfortunately - you will be unable to use the launcher unless you uninstall Norton. Your only method of playing Wildlander would be to use Mod organizer to launch and manually install the ENB in the stock game folder.
Is known to flag launcher as a false positive for spy-ware. Our launcher is open source, you can check for yourself that it is free of spy-ware. As Avast is known to be Spy-ware in its own right and sensible people un-installed this years ago. Even stock windows offers better protection, without selling your Internet browsing history to the highest bidder. Source
Should you wish to keep using Avast.
- Disable Avast
- Delete game-files\Stock game
- Reinstall Wildlander from Wabbajack, choosing Overwrite installation and wait for install to complete.
- you should now be able to launch using the launcher.
- Shutdown Avast running whenever you want to play
- Standard- Everything on.
- Performance - All graphics mods turned off.
These are your standard Skyrim parameters. The Graphics dropdown determines the quality of basic graphical elements, such as the draw distance of grass and shadows, the number of effects visible at once, and the quality of distant objects. These elements use a mix of CPU and GPU.
- Ultra - Everything on, All the bells and whistles - For “beast” PC’s
- High - Reduced Draw distances compared to Ultra, but still the full mod package.
- Medium - Reduced Draw distances compared to High, but still the full mod package.
- Low - No grass, no shadows, but still the full mod package.
- Potato - Stripped down graphics for PC’s which were built when oldrim was first released.
These control the level of ENB Shaders being applied. The Shaders’ dropdown determines the quality of post-processing effects, such as environment lighting, particle lighting, ambient occlusion, sun rays, and water effects. These elements are very heavy on the GPU.
- Ultra - Default Zangdar’s ENB Everything on, All the bells and whistles plus grass collision
- High - Default Zangdar’s ENB Everything on, All the bells and whistles
- Low - Zangdar ENB Performance preset
- No ENB - Run without shaders at all
This error is caused by your “My documents” folder being managed by OneDrive.
The only fix for this issue is to sever the link between OneDrive and your “my documents” folder. Adding the folder to the exceptions simply doesn’t work, neither does disabling OneDrive.
The following guide will assist you in the method to do so. Guide
Error launching game Error: Unsupported type of line:  Error OR Any message starting “TypeError:”
This means that Mod Organizer Crashed during Boot up or Shutdown and wiped its INI files. A reinstall (overwrite) using Wabbajack of the list will resolve this issue.
- Start up Wabbajack, search the Modlist and click the Download Button again.
- I choose the Installation and download location to match your original install path
- In bottom right - toggle Overwrite Installation
- Hit the start/play Button.
An issue has been raised with launcher team to implement a backup and restore function for this file to prevent user’s having to perform this action.
This is generally caused by windows randomware protections “Controlled folder access”.
Because SKSE isnt “approved” my microsoft - its treated as unfriendly and prevents SKSE from plugging into your SKyrimSE.exe.
Turning this option off will prevent the issue.
This error occurs when the winmgmt service is corrupt or crashed. It can be simply repaired by
Open Command prompt and typing the following 3 commands
net stop winmgmt (and y if prompted) Winmgmt /resetrepository Winmgmt /verifyrepository should say it's consistent.
Generally this is caused by an Environment variable fault with PowerShell not in the “System Variables” ‘PSmodulePath’ or the ‘Path’ Environment variables (it needs to be in both).
Type “envir” in the “Search the web and Windows” box and selected “Edit environment variables for your account” under the “Best Match”.
Path should contain an entry for your equivalent of
PSmodulePath should contain an entry for
Unfortunately this error is not related to the wildlander modlist itself as users who have this issue also have the same problems running other modlists with a enb. This message indicates that the ENB is failing to hook into Direct X which is a possible indication of a more serious problem with your PC.
The known causes of this issue:-
- Overactive antivirus blocking the process. (Webroot is known to do this)
- the use of a ‘Debloater’ on your windows install which has removed key files needed to hook into direct-X
- Windows itself has issues with its system files which are preventing the connection.
Your options to resolve :-
- Run Wildlander without using a ENB (No shaders from the launcher)
- Identify the antivirus process blocking the ENB and add a exception or disable while running wildlander.
- Repair/reinstall Windows.
Ensure the following:
- Check that your Antivirus is not flagging SKSE or any Skyrim related files, the best Solution is to add Antivirus exceptions to the Wildlander Directory and sub-directories.
- Make sure your content folder contains usvfs_proxy_x64.exe & usvfs_proxy_x86.exe. If these files are missing, it’s likely your antivirus has moved them to the virus vault.
- Restore missing files from Mod Organizer Zip file in your Wildlander\download directory if you cannot find them in the virus vault
You may see a dialog pop-up saying preparing VFS and/or a command window.
This is typically caused by Antivirus interference in the installation process. Please check Wildlander and Antiviruses for specific guidance on your Anti-virus
Firstly—try a PC reboot, it’s possible that one of the files we use is locked by a crashed session of Wildlander.
Un-install the launcher from Add-remove programs, then download and manually install the most recent from here
If you are using Norton, please see the Wildlander and Antivirus section.
1) Reporting files in overwrite folder: These are your crash logs. 2) All the NPC overhauls are disabled: They are supposed to be, as they are just dummy files to ensure the authors get download credit. Hence the “DEV RESOURCES” label. 3) There are mods with Red X’s: The ESP’s for these mods are merged into the Wildlander ESP. It is perfectly normal. 4) Mod XXX is out of date: Perfectly normal for mod lists to have older versions of mods. Some mods update several times a month and the list won’t ever be able to keep up.
Finally, you should be using the launcher to play.
For stability reasons, only the versions installed by Wabbajack are supported.
Should you want to update it, Then this would come under the customization category and would require you to do compatibility checking.
The answer to this is support strongly recommends that you leave them alone. Everything is setup how it is intended to play. We didn’t “accidentally” forgot to turn on some settings (Wildcat only exists for its AI and nothing else).
We are not responsible for any errors or bugs which occur if you edit them.
FLP MCM should be treated as though it doesn’t exist. Seriously. Touch nothing in here unless you enjoy for followers picking up random shit and running around in circles while you are fighting for your life Or wose - Mounting a horse inside of a object and giving you a nice CTD.
Many Gameplay mods have a Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) where they can be turned off, without you editing the install.
Most SKSE mods can be turned off provided they have no ESP / Scripts.
Most Texture/Models mods can be turned off provided they have no ESP / Scripts.
Should you want to disable it in mod organizer, Then this would come under the customization category and would require you to do checking to make sure other mods are not Dependant on it.
How are we supposed to know? There are over 50,000 mods on nexus, There is no way anyone can tell you if a mod is going to cause problems or not.
Things to check
- Is there already a guide for it available in the customization resources.
- Are there any mod conflicts from Mod organizer tool - this will tell you if the files being changed as touched by any other mods in the list. You would see this by looking at Mod organizers “information” panel to see if any files are overwritten by your new mod.
- Record conflict resolution. The next thing to check is the actual ESP/ESL/ESM files for conflicts. I would recommend the following guide https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/5-conflict-detection-and-resolution.html to help you to learn how to check for mod conflicts within SSEEdit. If there are any then most likely you would need to write a conflict resolution patch.
Any modifications are done at your own risk and will deny you access to support.
Changing the mod list (even simple changes) can break Wildlander in surprising ways. Requiem touches all parts of Skyrim and generally requires patches to add anything.
This is a SFW List, If you want to add them, you’ll need to work out how to do it yourself.
In addition, go straight to horny jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 Septims.
The only part of Wildcat we use is the NPC AI - all other features are intentionally disabled for balance reasons.
Sure. Here’s a link.
The in-game hotkey F11 will bring up a Gamepad / keyboard layout of all key bindings. Pressing F11 again will hide it.
You can also see them on This page.
Dylan is based in the US, so the key bindings images were based on a standard QWERTY US keyboard.
For any other types of keyboards, you will need to press the key in the same “position” on the keyboard as the one in the keybindings docmentation.
you can also rebind the keys if you prefer - however the ingame image will not update accordingly.
There is an appropriate guide here.
Skyrim doesn’t handle switching race or gender mid-play-though.
Doing so will break your racial perks, and cause a crossbow to infinitely reload.
We employ a mod where guards will follow the player if they observe you being suspicious. This includes drawing your weapons, sneaking around or having magic ready to cast.
Too much suspicious behavior and they will issue a fine. Continue being suspicious and they may become hostile!
Part of the Wildlander propitiatory crafting system.
Please see here for more info.
Part of the Spell Research mod.
Please see here for more info.
When you get the message that Wildlander is finalizing and have clicked OK, hit F10.
Wildlander will then go into manual configuration mode.
Once you get the message warning you that you hit F10. Hit ‘OK’, then ‘escape.’
Then go to Mod Configuration Menu and Skyrim. From there you can use ‘Skyrim Unbound Reborn’ MCM and customize how you want to start exactly.
In Wildlander, NPC’s, Followers and Horses consume potions from their inventory when they are low on Health, Magic or Stamina. Skyrim doesn’t have a “npc” drink noise, so plays the “player” drink noise instead regardless of how far away the NPC is from the player.
If you hear a excessive amount of drinking, then its probable you are coming up on a civil war skrimish.
Note: Any potions you give to your followers or horse can be consumed by them, so if you don’t want them to drink them - don’t use them for potion storage.
If you are unable to hear most of the combat sounds such as sword swings, spell usage (flames, healing, etc.), opening a container, footsteps, etc. but are able to hear NPC dialogue, drawing or sheathing a sword and wolves in the distance…
Skyrim’s engine has a bug that causes audio to not play most of the time when the game is installed to a drive with a sector size other than 512 (usually referred to as Advanced Format).
This Mod Large Sector fix will correct the issue, and will be included as standard on the next major release.
To install, download and Unzip Large_sector_fix.dll to
This only affects version 1.0.
You need a book called The Craftsman’s Manual in your inventory. It can be purchased from most blacksmiths. Most of the Requiem crafting perks require their own books, some of which can be bought while others must be found in the world.
For 1.1 onwards: If you want to re-enable this functionality, then you can do so from the Requiem MCM.
Requiem applies a stamina draining effect when you run and when you wear armor without the first perk in the Heavy Armor/Evasion tree. Running is the normal speed you move as if you aren’t sprinting or specifically holding down the “walk” button. To combat this, make sure to buy food with a “Regenerate 1 stamina per second for ‘X’ seconds” effect and keep that buff up at all times. The wiki page Stamina Management provides more detailed information.
NO, YOU CANNOT DISABLE IT, PLEASE DON’T ASK!
Requiem’s gods are unforgiving of crime. Too much crime or an outstanding bounty and they will no longer bless you or heal you! Please see the wiki page The Divines & Daedra for more information.
Wildlander has no passive health regeneration. You will not heal from your wounds by “sleeping it off.”
When you get hurt fighting, the only ways to heal are :-
- Restoration spells (for the living)
- Conjuration spells (for the undead)
- Health potions (For undead, only max level healing potions (superlative) will work.)
- Healing Poultice
- Alchemy Perk
- Raw Ingredients
It’s most noticeable in Breezehome and the entrance to Riverwood at night, but this can happen everywhere.
This is caused by Skyrim’s engine limitation of 4 “shadow casting” light sources in an area. When you look in an area with more than 4 light sources, they alternate/cycle and turn on and off. Turn off your lantern or put away your torch to potentially alleviate this to some degree.
There are several possible reasons:
- You’re NAKED! Put some clothes on, ya filthy animal!
- You’re covered in BLOOD and/or MUD! Honestly! Traipsing mud over my clean floors! I am gonna charge you a cleaning fee! Go take a BATH!
- You may also be hated by the community or the shopkeeper for… reasons you likely remember, but won’t tell anyone about! Grease those palms with the Speechcraft menu and give that shopkeeper a little gift, such as gems or coin off the cuff! That should help lower the prices…
- You may also just suck at talking. Level your Speechcraft so you’re not tripping over your words like a milkdrinker fresh to the local inn. You can’t honestly expect to sell your wares for a decent price when your best sales pitch is ‘Unga-bunga!’
This is a vanilla Skyrim bug, which is exacerbated by the scripted mods in Wildlander. If jumping doesn’t fix the animation, try the following console commands:
Pushactoraway 14 1
If you get stuck using a crafting table - this is generally caused by the 1st person camera mod (Improved Camera) and the only fix is to reload the game.
You need the crafting perk to match the ingot you are trying to make.
Because we disable it! 🙂 There are multiple methods of moving around the map quickly without editing these settings. There are boats near most large area of water and carriage drivers at most cities and towns.
You will need to edit the following in-game MCM settings to re-enable fast travel:
In addition in 1.1.X – A SKSE mod disables fast travel around the map. This can be turned off in game-files\mods\Disable Fast Travel SKSE - No Janky Map UI\SKSE\Plugins\DisableFastTravel.ini
The game will pause if you are alt-tabbed out, including some load screens. Make sure the Skyrim window has focus!
The primary cause for this is a insufficient page file. You can click the link for instructions on how to increase it.
Can also be caused by :
- Your PC being below the minimum requirements to play the pack as shown on the installation README. You can try running without a ENB from the launcher.
- Wildlander folders (or subfolders) being read-only.
- Wildlander being installed inside of program files, Users folder, cloud folders such as one drive or other UAC controlled area.
- Additional mods you may have added are causing a conflict.
- Conflict between AMD drivers and the ENB: The only resolution to this is to either roll back until you find working AMD drivers or disable ENB graphics until a working driver is available.
- A corrupt Wildlander installation: To check, launch Skyrim from the “Stock game” folder and see if it crashes on loading screen. If it crashes, the installation is corrupted. a purple dragon is normal - crashing on new game is normal as you will be running without mods during this test.
- Antivirus real-time scanning your Wildlander folders: Make sure you add it to your exceptions.
- You have lost permissions to write to “My Documents\My Games\Skyrim” or Wildlander install folder
- OneDrive and/or Dropbox is Syncing your “my documents\My Games\Skyrim” or Wildlander install folder
- Can be caused by a corrupt save. You can try using a previous save or start a new game.
You are using a magical effect which is granting you a “cloak” effect.
a “white” glow on your character is typically mage armor.
Skyrim Engine fault unfortunately, your either visible or invisible in 1st person.
Known issue with a unknown cause unfortunately. We suspect it is related to the dirt shaders.
The current fix is to take a bath, then
Once open press “done” to save the changes and reset your character back to its usual appearance.
Some users report changing a face part (e.g Eyebrows), saving the change, then changing the facepart back prevents the issue from reoccurring.
Yes - But with alternate timings to vanilla.
- Internal cells with a boss - reset after a year.
- Internal Cells without a boss (e.g Mines) and external cells - Reset after 30 days.
- Merchants stocks reset after 72 hours.
For any area to respawn, you must not enter the area during the specified time period. Each time you enter the area, the respawn clock is reset.
Containers will empty and corpses will despawn within a internal cell if you leave the cell, make a save and load a save for any reason. So you should not use any container within a internal cell for storage that you didn’t make yourself. This includes chests inside of cities.
We use a weather seasons mod. As the game starts in later summer / early autumn the weather is accordingly wet. Soon it will be winter and then it will snow.
The in-game difficulty sliders do not work with Wildlander.
Please use the Change Difficulty hotkey instead (Right-CTRL).
If you want to make the game harder, use the requiem mcm and change damage taken.
You have somehow picked up a bounty in Whiterun hold which does not show on the UI, also known as a ‘Hidden Bounty.’ What have you been doing in secret, HMMM?
No matter. The following console command will clear it:
paycrimegold 0 0
No, the game will use the best one for the task from your inventory.
This is a Requiem change that prevents weak characters from acquiring Vampirism. You must survive for three (3) days while Sanguinare Vampiris slowly drains health and negates natural healing, at which point you will become a Vampire. You better hope you can afford healing potions or haven’t made enemies of temple healers!
You cannot Wait or Sleep to pass the time; however, spell research and training do work.
Yes! The keybinding for this is in Dual Wield Block. Lizzy (being the sensible player that she is) switches it to ‘C’ and moves crouch using the Skyrim standard controls back to the default keybind.
Go to game-files\mods\Simple Dual Sheath\SKSE\Plugins\SimpleDualSheath.ini and edit the flags on the below section:
Save and next time you boot the game. Your shield will now be on your back, you 🐢 cosplayer!
Performance modlist does not allow the ENB to show nightvision correctly. Should you wish to use nightvision, you must either use “standard modlist” or No shaders (to apply vanilla nightvision).
Hit Shift+Enter to bring up the ENB, in the center panel expand ENB effect and scroll down until you find the below section:
These are the settings which control the brightness. It is my personal preference to change only ‘Technique’ to ‘CW variant 3.’
then to scroll down and adjust the following settings
Once you are happy with the settings, in the top right section click on “save configuration,” then hit Shift+Enter again to hide the ENB window.
Are you MAD? Skyrim will kill you just for sneezing on a rock wrong and you want…?
No, but there is a serious, technical reason! There is no enforced permadeath mode because all mods pertaining to this feature are known to cause issues. So, instead of a ‘permadeath mod’ the player, upon dying, is presented with the Requiem death dialog telling you to load a save. If you wish to be permadeath, then you should exit and restart Skyrim at this point, then create a new character.
Think of it as an exercise in self-discipline, if you like!
Creating a new character without restarting Skyrim is known to cause script issues in several mods. Many options during character creation may be missing! Spells and gear during the start-up will not be correctly assigned, and you may get pop-up’s from Trade and Barter due to it not initializing correctly, so make sure you restart Skyrim COMPLETELY, through the launcher, before attempting to create a new character!
Requiem kill moves have been edited from vanilla settings. They can now be performed on the Player, by enemies. and they can now be performed on any enemy - not just the last.
Below are a few examples of the reasons they are disabled:
- You are attacked by a melee opponent. You plan to 🛡️ the attack and will survive it, but the game engine decides otherwise and plays a kill move. Under standard Requiem, kill moves can be performed on the player. The result is now you are eating dirt when you should be bashing skulls! (the same if you plan to evade the attack).
- You are sneaking and aim an arrow on a mage. This will one-shot the mage. The kill move plays, the mage becomes aware of you, suddenly it’s no longer a sneak attack, the mage lives and turns you into one of three elemental flavors of magically prepared rump roast.
- You sneak behind a bandit, you plan to one-shot him with a dagger attack. The attack succeeds, the kill move plays, nobody detects you, but the bandit didn’t die, is still full health turns around, says
“Omae wa, mou shindaeru…”and kills you.
- You are sniping with a bow. Every arrow will kill a bandit. Every time you release the arrow, a kill-move plays. But thanks to the kill move, every arrow lands on the ground before it reaches the bandit, therefore the bandit didn’t die, and now instead of being ‘Legolas’ you have become ‘Legless’ thanks to that big bandit with the greatsword.
- You are attacking a group of enemies with a 2-handed Axe and mid-fight a kill move fires (as in Requiem they can happen on any enemy), and his friends kill you while the cinematic plays, because you are not in fact Neo from blockbuster hit ‘The Matrix.’
- You are sneaking on a ridge above Valheim Towers and shoot arrows to the bandits below you. All arrows hit and one-shot, except the one from the kill move, which collides with the invisible barrier of the ridge. You are now detected. You proceed to beat your keyboard into a fine pulp, then craft it into a sword because archery is now for pansies.
- You are shooting ⚡ from your fingertips like some kind of unspecified villain in a space opera. It has been an intense battle, and you are about to win. You channel your last reserves of magic at your foe, and the kill camera activates, missing your target and attacking the aggressive invisible ant which threatens to nibble your toes. The vampire mage you almost slew then summons a Storm Atronach, which proceeds to turn you into an ad-hoc Christmas tree in approximately three seconds. As a reward for your heroism, Todd Howard grants you the sight of another kill cam, this time of the aforementioned Storm Atronach putting little a wreathe around your neck while the vampire dances on your twitching, electrified corpse.
Kill moves literally mean that when such a move plays, 90% of the time it kills you, the other 10% of the time nothing happens.
Will it break anything if I turn them on anyway?
Possibly your mouse, controller or keyboard when you throw them from frustration from the fifth time one of the above events happens to you?
How do i turn them back on
Violens MCM is how they are currently disabled. If you want to turn them back on - you can turn them on in there.
This typically happens when a “Hunt the Vampire” missive is active. The guards auto-attack the Vampire, and the brave townfolk try to join in… only to get slaughtered.
A fix will be added in 1.2 to prevent the guards from picking a fight.
There are several possibilities
- You are Carrying more than your carry weight allows (Over-encumbered).
- You have toggled Walk (caps lock)
- You have toggled Parry (control)
- You are wearing heavy armor (typically shield) without the perks to allow you to run in it.
- You are out of stamina
This is caused by the shadow distance draw settings (e.g. the distance around your player shadow renders at). Imagine your character is at the center of a bubble - that bubble determines how far away shadows draw. Outside of that bubble, no shadows will render and given a theoretically infinite bubble size, the entire area would appear shaded. This bubble moves when your character moves.
The time of day is an “influence” in the sense that Wildlander uses DVLaSS (dynamic volumetric lighting and sun shadows), which allows the actual geography to cast shadows like in real life. So the entire area outside of your bubble is likely covered in shadow because the sun’s gone down behind the mountains, but you only see the shadows as far as the render distance is set.
The Red Line on the below image demonstrates the draw distance of a shadow (Medium graphics) If you were playing high or Ultra graphics, the line would be further away, Low graphics, Much closer. Potato graphics - you wouldn’t see it at all as shadows are turned off.
The only way to reduce this effect is to further extend shadow draw distance (by playing on a a higher graphics preset) - which would place a greater overhead on your hardware and thus reduce your FPS.
In reality - follower horses are plagued with issues.
Using follower live package to giver followers “Summon ride” causes CTDs so should not be used.
Giving your follower a horse from immersive horses “crouch” menu, while will make them ride one - will cause them to be slow to mount and they cant keep up - so will still teleport to you. However should you wish to set it up, for your immersion - there is a guide Here
Embrace the running follower would be my advise.
Quest enforced Followers such as the companions or Serena prevent the recruitment of additional followers. Should you need additional followers, you must recruit them first.
Note - you may still get this message in the case of Serena if she’s following you and you have already completed her quests. She’s special and uses the vanilla recruitment flags.
When hiring a mercenary - you will be told how much they charge.
The cost per day of calculated as the mercenary’s level * their day rate.
The minimum you can expect to pay is 300g (level 10 mercenary at 30g) per day.
Requiem lists cannot handle the removal of perks though any means.
- No legendary perk trees
- No resetting perk tree’s using Black Book: Waking Dreams
- No Console commands to remove perks.
This is because various requiem scripts are tied to the perks, and removing the perks causes game instability and CTD’s as a result.
No, The cart ride is too buggy to use with modern PC’s and mods.
There are spiders in Helgan who would paralyse and eat you for breakfast.
Assuming you got all past that - there’s the dragon at the Watchtower who would use you as a toothpick.
Kill a dragon. It’s not as simple as it sounds. In Wildlander, dragons are the heavily armored flying tanks with elemental shouts or worse, such as those which drain vitality or other attributes. This turns them into the legitimate threat they should have always been, so stack magic resistances, enchants, and maybe even a good shield! Good luck in not becoming a crispy-critter~!
This quest is auto completed when you kill a dragon in Wildlander.
There is a new way of becoming a Thane of Whiterun:
Complete “The Blessings of Nature” quest (Danica by the Gildrergreen tree to start) and talk to Jarl Balgruuf when the Gildergreen tree is repaired or the sapling blooms (this requires you to complete any other quest outside of whiterun itself to simulate the passing of time). He’ll thank you and allow you to do the standard Thane quest (help the people of the hold).
You can buy Breezehome before this at a much more expensive price, but, unless you are thane, you do not get a Housecarl.
Thieves Guild Requirements SE is included in the list, which requires 25 pockets picked and 250 items stolen. So get to it, Robin Hood! They don’t just let ANYBODY into the Thieves Guild these days (Even though attendance is low and they aren’t exactly in a spot to BE picky…)!
Dragonborn content is available after completing “A Blade in the Dark” during the Main Quest.
You need to do five (5) radiant quests for members of the Circle in-between each faction quest.
You’ll be approached as you leave in Inn after level 30. You can visit fort dawnguard earlier, but as the content deals with vampires - this isn’t recommended.
For all Recipes, you can see the Crafting Spreadsheet
Snowberry Extract is made directly from a cookpot, or by using the player crafting menu when in proximity to a cookpot
The extract requires the following items/tools:
- A survivalist’s or alchemist’s toolkit
- Alchemical Lore 1 (perk)
- 20 Snowberries
The Healing poultice Guide explains the crafting method and requirements.