NPC Crafting and Enchanting Services
Blacksmiths and Mages all over Skyrim are be able to craft, temper and enchant your equipment, including armor and weapons added by other mods. The quality and price of their work will depend on their skill as craftsmen as well as your barter abilities.
Blacksmiths will craft and temper at your request. Enchanters will enchant and recharge items for you.
- The skill level of the blacksmith /enchanter determines what perks they get, the type of equipment they can work with and the cost of their work. The cost will also depend on the value of the item, the local value of materials used by the NPC and your barter skill.
- If a NPC can’t craft or temper an item, find another with higher skill level, or change their skill via the MCM menu.
- The higher the skill of the blacksmith the higher the stats on crafted/tempered items. Low skill smiths are cheaper, but so is their work.
- The higher the skill of the enchanter the more powerful the enchantments will be, and the costlier.
- Money used to pay for services will go straight to the blacksmith/enchanter’s inventory.
- Blacksmiths will use their own materials and can acquire what they don’t have at the expense of extra time and money. You’ll still need to provide them with rare materials like dragon bones if you want them to craft something of that sort.
- Enchanters will only know common enchantments. If you want a different enchantment you’ll need to bring an item they can get the enchantment from.
- Crafting, tempering and enchanting takes a minimum 24 hours by default. The time will increase if the NPC doesnt have the materiels on hand to do the upgrade and needs to Aquire them.
- The cost of Enchantments is calculated using the Soul Gem you choose, The skill of the enchanter, plus a flat fee.
- The cost of crafted/tempered items is calculated using the Total material cost, The skill of the Smith, plus a flat fee.
- The NPC will take the item from you to Temper or enchant it, and will be returned once completed when you pay for the work.
- For technical Reasons with how the mod works, Items enchanted by a NPC cannot be disenchanted by the player to learn the effects. In addition, its not possible to inform the player of the cost of the Enchanters or Blacksmith’s services until collection.
There is no way to tell before collection of the item, how long it will take to make/upgrade and how much it will cost to do so. Assume a Minimum of 24 hours, and the cost will be the selling price of the finished item + 50%.
|Name||Location||Details||Gold||Can be invested in?||Skill|
|Adrianne Avenicci||Whiterun||Found just outside Warmaiden’s, in between the main gates and Breezehome.||1000||50|
|Alvor||Riverwood||He is opposite the general goods in Riverwood.||500||29|
|Arnskar Ember-Master||Riften||After completing three special reputation jobs for the Thieves Guild, you can find him at the northernmost section of the Ragged Flagon.||1000||70|
|Asbjorn Fire-Tamer||Riften||Takes over as blacksmith of The Scorched Hammer if Balimund dies.||1000||30|
|Balimund||Riften||Found outside The Scorched Hammer, near the city’s market.||1000||80|
|Baldor Iron-Shaper DB||Skaal Village||Found by his forge, in the northern part of the village.||1000||90|
|Beirand||Solitude||To find him, enter Solitude, climb the stairs directly in front of you and turn right. (opposite the market)||1000||80|
|Dushnamub||Gloombound Mine||He works below the mine entrance, across the wooden bridge from Narzulbur.||400||80|
|Eorlund Gray-Mane||Whiterun||Found at the Skyforge, just beside the Companions’ headquarters. Requires Circle membership in the companions||1000||100|
|Filnjar||Shor’s Stone||The town is located on the main road north of Riften.||500||29|
|Gharol||Dushnikh Yal||In a blacksmith’s hut at the southern part of the stronghold, near the mine’s entrance.||400||50|
|Ghorza gra-Bagol||Markarth||After arriving on carriage at Markarth, turn left, cross first bridge, she is in the building sitting over the river.||1000||80|
|Glover Mallory||Raven Rock||Found outside his house, just by the marketplace.||2000||80|
|Gunmar||Fort Dawnguard||Found in the blacksmith section of the fort. Only available to trade if the Dawnguard have been joined.||1000||70|
|Hestla||Volkihar Keep||Found in the blacksmith section of the castle. Only available to trade if the Volkihar Clan have been joined.||1000||45|
|Heimvar||Solitude||Takes over as blacksmith if Beirand dies.||1000||20|
|Lod||Falkreath||After taking carriage to Falkreath, run straight and it will be on the right.||1000||50|
|Moth gro-Bagol||Markarth||In Understone Keep, turn right before the Jarl.||500||90|
|Oengul War-Anvil||Windhelm||After taking carriage to Windhelm, turn left, keep going until you see him on your right-hand side before the market.||1000||60|
|Rustleif||Dawnstar||After taking carriage to Dawnstar, run into the town and it’s the first house on the right.||1000||29|
|Seren||Dawnstar||After taking carriage to Dawnstar, run into the town and it’s the first house on the right.||1000||35|
|Shuftharz||Mor Khazgur||In a blacksmith’s hut at the southern part of the stronghold.||400||50|
|Syndus||Riften||Once you have improved the Thieves Guild, he establishes a weapon store in front of the Ragged Flagon in the Ratway.||1000||18|
|Ulfberth War-Bear||Whiterun||Found inside Warmaiden’s, in between the main gates and Breezehome. Has a separate inventory than Adrianne Avenicci.||1000||50|
|Vanryth Gatharian||Riften||Once you have improved the Thieves Guild, he establishes a weapon store in front of the Ragged Flagon in the Ratway.||1000||57|
|Eastmarch||Windhelm||Wuunferth the Unliving||Palace of the Kings||70|
|Eastmarch||Kynesgrove||Dravynea the Stoneweaver||Braidwood Inn (only offers services if Wuunferth dies or is jailed)||45|
|Haafingar||Solitude||Sybille Stentor||Blue Palace||60|
|Haafingar||Solitude||Melaran||Erikur’s House or Blue Palace (only offers enchanting services if Sybille is dead)||60|
|Haafingar||Solitude||Sassia the Enchantress||Outlaw Refuge||60|
|Solstheim||Raven Rock||Neloth||Tel Mithryn||100|
|The Pale||Dawnstar||Madena||The White Hall||15|
|The Reach||Markarth||Calcelmo||Understone Keep||80|
|The Reach||Markarth||Aicantar||Understone Keep (only offers enchanting services if Calcelmo is Dead)||50|
|The Reach||Markarth||Hamal||Temple of Dibella||90|
|The Rift||Riften||Wylandriah||Mistveil Keep||65|
|Whiterun Hold||Whiterun||Farengar Secret-Fire||Dragonsreach||55|
|Winterhold||Winterhold||Sergius Turrianus||College of Winterhold||100|
- Absorb Health
- Absorb Magicka
- Absorb Stamina
- Fire Damage
- Frost Damage
- Magicka Damage
- Shock Damage
- Soul Trap
- Stamina Damage
- Turn Undead
- Fortify Alchemy
- Fortify Alteration
- Fortify Block
- Fortify Carry Weight
- Fortify Conjuration
- Fortify Destruction
- Fortify Evasion Armor
- Fortify Healing Rate
- Fortify Heavy Armor
- Fortify Illusion
- Fortify Lockpicking
- Fortify Magicka
- Fortify Magicka Regen
- Fortify Marksman
- Fortify One-Handed
- Fortify Pickpocket
- Fortify Restoration
- Fortify Smithing
- Fortify Sneak
- Fortify Barter
- Fortify Speech
- Fortify Stamina
- Fortify Stamina Regen
- Fortify Two-Handed
- Fortify Unarmed
- Resist Disease
- Resist Fire
- Resist Frost
- Resist Magic
- Resist Poison
- Resist Shock